The Queen Creek Homeowner's Guide To Complete Termite Control
October 15, 2022
Queen Creek may be a great place to live, but it is also home to a very dangerous pest: the termite. These little creatures can cause extensive damage to your home if they are left untreated, and homeowners here should stay informed. Canopy Pest Control will go over the most common telltale sign of termites in Queen Creek, how extensive the damage can be, must-know facts about these pests, and why professional pest control in Queen Creek is the best way to get rid of termites for good.
The Dreaded Mud Tubes Running Along Your Foundation
You may have heard about them; one of the first signs of termites in your Queen Creek home is typically the presence of mud tubes. These are small, dirt-covered tunnels that active termites build to travel from their nests to their food source, which is unfortunately your house. Look for them on the exterior of your foundation, under porches and decks, and in crawl spaces. If you find any mud tubes, it is important to call a termite removal company right away.
How Much Damage Can Termites Cause?
Termites in Queen Creek are very destructive pests. In fact, they cause more damage to homes in the United States than fires, floods, and tornadoes combined! They feast on wood 24 hours a day, and can consume up to 16 grams of wood per day. This may not seem like much, but it adds up quickly. A single termite colony can eat through an entire house in just a few years if left unchecked.
Termite damage can include:
- Structural damage to your home
- Damaged furniture and wooden fixtures
- Damage to insulation
- The need for expensive repairs
These problems can be very costly to fix, and in extreme cases, the damage is so extensive that the home needs to be completely rebuilt. This is why it is so important to call a professional as soon as you suspect you have a termite problem.
Four Things Every Homeowner Ought To Know About Termites
There are some things every homeowner in Queen Creek should know about termites:
- Termites are not picky eaters. They will eat any type of wood, including the framing of your house. This means that your home is at risk, no matter what type of wood it is made out of.
- Termites are not solo creatures. A colony can consist of millions of termites, and they will travel far and wide in search of food. A single colony can have multiple queens, which means that the problem can multiply very quickly. What's more, a single home can have multiple colonies infesting it.
- Termites are active all year long. Most people think that termites are only active in the spring, but this is not the case. Termites are active all year long, and they do not go into hibernation during the winter.
- Termites are difficult to get rid of. If you have a termite problem, it is important to call a professional right away. Do-it-yourself methods are rarely effective, and in some cases, they can make the problem worse.
If you suspect you have a termite problem, call Canopy Pest Control today. We will inspect your home and provide you with a customized treatment plan to get rid of these destructive pests in Queen Creek for good.
Why Not Calling The Termite Professionals Is A Big Mistake
Many people try to tackle their termite problem on their own, but this is a big mistake. Termites are more difficult to get rid of than other pests, and if you do not have the proper training and equipment, you will not be able to eliminate them completely. Calling a professional is the best way to get rid of your termite problem for good. Canopy Pest Control knows how to get rid of your termites quickly and effectively, and our price match guarantee means you can rest assured you are getting the best deal.
Contact us today to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Queen Creek, including our termite control services. We'll be happy to answer any questions you have or schedule a no-obligation inspection.