The Dos And Don'ts Of Cockroach Control In Queen Creek
October 30, 2022
Did you know that cockroaches are one of the most common household pests in the United States? In Queen Creek, AZ, cockroaches are a particularly big problem. If you're dealing with a cockroach infestation in Queen Creek, it's important to take action immediately. Canopy Pest Control will cover the dos and don'ts of cockroach control in Queen Creek, AZ. We'll discuss how to get rid of cockroaches in your house, what's attracting them, and how to get rid of them for good with Queen Creek pest control.
What Attracts Roaches To Your Home
One of the most common attractants of cockroaches is food. Cockroaches are attracted to crumbs, spills, and other food sources. If you have a messy kitchen, it's more likely that cockroaches will be drawn to your home. Another thing that can attract cockroaches in Queen Creek, is moisture. These Queen Creek pests need water to survive, so they're often drawn to homes with leaky pipes or damp basements. Finally, clutter can also attract cockroaches. Roaches like to hide in dark, secluded places. If your home is cluttered, it provides more hiding spots for these pests.
Ten Ways To Kill Cockroaches In Your Home
Oh no— you've spotted a cockroach in your Queen Creek home! Here are ten different ways to kill it right now:
- Step on it. This is probably the easiest way to kill a cockroach. Just find it and step on it with your shoe.
- Smack it with a newspaper. Another easy way to kill a cockroach is to smack it with a newspaper or other heavy object.
- Use an aerosol can. Place the empty can over the cockroach and wait for it to suffocate.
- Use a vacuum cleaner. A vacuum cleaner can be used to suck up cockroaches.
- Use soap and water. Just mix them together and squirt the cockroach with the solution.
- Use a roach spray. When using store-bought cockroach control products, be sure to always follow the directions on the label.
- Set a roach trap. Some use bait to attract the cockroaches, while others rely on pheromones.
- Use boric acid. Just sprinkle it around your home in areas where cockroaches are likely to travel.
- Use diatomaceous earth. Diatomaceous earth is another powder that you can sprinkle around your home to kill cockroaches.
- Call an exterminator: There's really no subbing professional help. The best way to kill cockroaches and keep them away for good is to call an exterminator.
DIY methods may result in ridding your home of a few cockroaches, but they're ineffective at eliminating an entire infestation. Canopy Pest Control knows how to get rid of cockroaches for good. We have the experience and knowledge to get rid of cockroaches quickly and efficiently, so you can enjoy your home again.
What Doesn't Work When Trying To Get Rid Of Roaches
Now that we've covered some of the ways that you can kill cockroaches, let's talk about some of the methods that don't work. Some people believe that natural solutions such as cucumber peels, bay leaves, catnip, or garlic will keep cockroaches away from their homes. Unfortunately, these home remedies have not been proven to be effective. In fact, they may even attract cockroaches to your home.
Also, roach bombs and sprays won't properly deal with an infestation either; they may kill some cockroaches, but they won't get rid of the problem for good. The only way to truly get rid of cockroaches is to work with a professional pest control company.
Professional Cockroach Control Can Be A Huge Help
If you're dealing with a cockroach infestation, Canopy Pest Control can help. We have more than 10 years of industry experience, and we know how to get rid of all types of cockroaches in the Queen Creek area.
We will work with you to create a customized cockroach pest control plan that will get rid of your cockroach problem for good. We'll start by identifying the things that are attracting roaches to your home and eliminate them. Then, we'll use our proven effective, eco-friendly pest control methods to get rid of the cockroaches that are already in your home. Finally, we'll put measures in place to prevent cockroaches from returning in the future.
Don't waste time and money on DIY methods that don't work; call Canopy Pest Control today, to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Queen Creek, and let us help you get rid of your cockroach problem for good.